No-Knock raids have terrorized our communities for too long. You can help end them.
Take Action Now
What You Can Do Now
10 points of change:
points of change:
Banning No-Knock Warrants in not enough to ban No-Knock Raids. We must restrict the execution of ALL search warrants.
Ban No-Knock Warrants
- Banning No-Knock Warrants is only the first step.
Restrict All Other Warrant Executions
- Require more up-front info for search warrant applications.
- Ban all plainclothes search warrant executions and require an audible announcement.
- Require at least 30 seconds for a response before any further actions.
- Ban the use of flash-bang and military-style devices and eliminate night-time raids.
Increase Police Accountability
- End civil asset forfeiture.
- Ensure any evidence seized in violation of these restrictions can not be used in any prosecution.
- Require all video/audio footage and paid restitution for destroyed property and/or mental harm.
- Create consequences for officers who violate warrant requirements.
- Require documentation of all warrant requests and execution and make available for public review.
These reform efforts need to continue so that no one else loses a loved one as a result of these dangerous, deadly and unnecessary practices.
If ever there was a time when these changes are critical, that moment is now.
This plan is a step towards creating a system of accountability and transparency and making our communities safer.